Mission Catalyst and Equipping
Our goal is to equip churches and church leaders to become increasingly obedient to the Great Commission. Specifically, this takes place through:
1. Assisting churches in understanding their unique mission context
2. Providing visioning opportunities for short-term mission endeavors (short-term generally involves a three to five year commitment)
3. Training for local churches involving various aspects of mission planning, implementation, and followup (including identification, development, and assimilation of mission DNA in the local context).
Includes the following:
1. Training and guidance for Pastor Search Committees, including the availability of printed resources and face-to-face meetings and training with Search Committees by the Network Missionary
2. Assistance with church construction solutions, long-term planning, and facility development. This includes linking churches in need with potential work-teams (See Texas Baptist Men and Volunteer Christian Builders)
3. Assistance and Guidance on policy development, church bylaw development, and/or church legal issues. Regarding policies and Constitution and Bylaw issues, there are three levels of involvement:
A: Basic Level. A basic assessment of Constitution and Bylaws without major structural changes, mission statement development, church values identification, etc
B: Intermediate Level. Involves financial stewardship and reporting guidelines, church safety and malpractice issues, etc.
C: Advanced Level. Includes the development of church mission statement, values identification, and the application of that process upon the bylaws, structure, and ministries of the church. This would involve a lengthy process working with the pastor, leaders, and responsible committee, including possible use of church survey and diagnostic tools. The advanced level consultation will focus upon church implementation based on values, mission, goals, and action plans.
Includes the following:
1. P.E.N. (Pastors’ Encouragement Network). This is a time of fellowship and encouragement each Wednesday at 8:15am. The time and location will be communicated to constituents
2. B.U.L.L. (Baptists United in Loving Leadership). This is also a time of fellowship and encouragement meeting periodically in the Comanche Fellowship. the time and location will be communicated to constituents
Includes resources to help churches carry out their ministries. This includes:
1. Audio/visual equipment, including three lcd projectors, with portable screen
2. Fellowship Unit. 14 foot barbecue trailer with pit, fish fryers. Please call office to reserve trailer at least two weeks in advance of your event.
3. Leader’s Library. Includes theological research library and practical ministry resources. Some of these resources can be checked out of the NRC for a brief period. Please check out all books through the Ministry Assistant.
4. Audio/Visual Resources.